Friday, June 10, 2011

zucchini and almond pasta salad


I'm super pumped and super ready to welcome Summer this year (although where I live, it's practically summer every day!). I've got so many great things coming my way and I can't wait for a great adventure this month and the next.



Pasta salads are one of my favorite summer dishes and if you plan on having plenty summer days outside, this is a great dish for outdoor picnics or hangouts. Quick to make and easy to pack. The flavors are simple and fresh. I can't wait to spend more time in the kitchen cooking and baking summer recipes. I love the flavors and colors of summer and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Hope you're having a fun and blessed summer filled with happiness and good food (:

p.s- I'll be away for the next couple of weeks so won't be uploading any posts. I'll miss the kitchen :( But I'll be back!

Zucchini and Almond Pasta Salad
from smitten kitchen

Ingredients:
2 to 3 (depending on size) zucchini, halved lengthwise and very thinly sliced
1 1/2 ounce parmesan or pecorino romano cheese, thinly sliced on a mandoline or a peeler
1/2 cup slivered almonds, well toasted and cooled (300F oven, 7 to 10 min, tossing occasionally)
1/2 pound short pasta of your choice, cooked, drained and cooled
5 tbsp olive oil
Juice of one lemon
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
Toss zucchini with 1 teaspoon salt in a large colander over a bowl or in the sink. Let drain for 20 minutes. If they're still too salty, rinse and drain them again.

Stir zucchini, parmesan, almonds and pasta together. Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice, season generously with salt and pepper as you go. Toss with salad and serve at room temperature or cold (I refrigerated mine for 30 min before serving. I preferred eating this cold)

No comments:

Post a Comment