Friday, March 16, 2012

panna cotta with dulce de leche sauce



I know I haven't been updating this blog for a while now. I have no excuse. But I haven't been entirely away from the kitchen. I still bake, in fact a little bit more than before.

I have been meaning to make Panna Cotta for the longest time and I'm so glad I finally got around to it!! This is a super simple recipe, and completely full of flavor with an amazing silky smooth texture.





I decided to make homemade dulce de leche a while ago and never really got around to using it. The flavors compliment each other so well.

If you've never had Panna Cotta, do yourself a favor and make this right now! So delicious.

Panna Cotta with Dulce De Leche Sauce
Panna Cotta recipe adapted from David Lebovitz

Panna Cotta:
4 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I used way more than that)
4 1/2 teaspoons gelatin powder
6 tablespoons cold water

Dulce De Leche Sauce:
3 tablespoons dulce de leche, homemade or storebought
4 tablespoons heavy cream

Directions:
For the panna cotta, heat heavy cream and sugar in a saucepan. Once the sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.

Lightly oil ramekins with neutral-tasting oil (such as grapeseed, corn or canola oil).

Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water in a medium-sized bowl and let it stand for 5 to 10 minutes to "bloom". Pour very warm panna cotta mixture over the gelatin and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.

Pour mixture into prepared ramekins and chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, 4 is even better. To serve, run a sharp knife around the edges and unmold onto serving plate. Serve cold.

For the dulce de leche sauce, heat cream in a saucepan or a microwave until barely simmering or hot to the touch. Stir in 3 tablespoons of dulce de leche until smooth. Drizzle the warm sauce over the cold panna cotta. YUM!

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment