Monday, January 10, 2011

spaghetti with orange butter sauce




Fridays with Coco original
I must say I’m a little disappointed in myself. It’s Thanksgiving weekend and I didn’t get to roast a whole turkey. Truth is, I’m not ready. I’m a perfectionist so I’ll only host a Thanksgiving dinner once I know how to fully prepare a whole roasted turkey with sage stuffing and cranberry sauce and homemade pumpkin pie…. Sigh, maybe next year.
Instead I resorted into a very simple dish. Again, this was an attempt to clear out my pantry. I love oranges, I absolutely love butter and if you don’t already know pasta is my best friend. 
Again this recipe has no precise measurements. So feel free to reduce or add ingredients as you go along. 

Spaghetti with Orange Butter Sauce

Ingredients:
5 tbsp olive oil
6 tbsp butter
1 orange, zested and juiced
3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
200g spaghetti (approx)
Pinch of chili powder
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
Boil spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and reserve the pasta water.

Meanwhile, heat pan to medium. Cook garlic in olive oil for a couple of seconds. Add in butter and orange juice and allow the juice to reduce for a couple of minutes. Add just enough pasta water followed by 1 and a half tbsp of the zest. Add in chili powder and season with salt and pepper.

Pour sauce over spaghetti and mix until well incorporated. Sprinkle on some of the orange zest before serving. 



No comments:

Post a Comment