Monday, January 10, 2011

banana bread with cinnamon sugar topping



I like banana bread. I haven’t exactly found that one recipe worth saving but I’m still on it. I read this post on Two Peas and Their Pod. A really delightful blog. Still dying to try their Peach Salsa, so tempting. I shall make it one of these days.
This recipe makes a very moist, slightly “sticky” banana bread. I think I might use butter instead of vegetable oil if I decide to make this again. The texture is absolutely great, especially on the topping. The crunch you get from it followed by the moistness of the bread is yummmm!
Everyone seems to think this recipe had the right amount of sugar but I seem to think that it needed more. Again, personal preference (geez). But a little drizzle of honey did the trick ;)
I’m glad I gave this recipe a try because what better way to have your banana bread if not with cinnamon and sugar?

Banana Bread with Cinnamon Sugar Topping
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour 

1 teaspoon baking soda 

½ teaspoon baking powder 

1 cup granulated sugar 

½ cup vegetable oil 

2 eggs 

3 medium bananas, mashed 

1 teaspoon vanilla extract 

3 tablespoons milk
Cinnamon and Sugar, for the topping


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl to combine. Set aside.


On medium speed, beat the sugar and vegetable oil to combine. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each until combined. Add the mashed bananas and vanilla extract; beat to combine. Alternatively add the flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with the flour. Beat just until the flour is incorporated and finish mixing with a spatula.


Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar topping evenly over the batter. Bake until a thin knife inserted in the center comes out almost clean, about 60 minutes. Cool the cake on a wire rack for for ten minutes. Remove loaf from pan and let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment